Universal's Epic Universe - News and Discussion

Are you excited for Epic Universe?

• Yes

• No

• I'm excited for everything but the name.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Just a PSA about the EPIC classic blue t-shirts, they run small. When my daughter and I bought ours the TM heavily suggested we size up and I am so glad I listened! They 100% shrink.
(If you plan to always hang to dry instead of popping your t-shirts in the dryer this might not apply).

Going up one size (after washing) made the fit a little looser than my normal size but if I had not gotten a size bigger I would have had a much more fitted t-shirt than I normally like.
I find a lot of Universal shirts run small at least from my experience. I bought the Dueling Dragons AP shirt during HHN and it shrunk after 1 wash. I had to buy another one in a size bigger on eBay and now it fits like the size I initially bought. I always wash darks shirts with cold water and turn them inside out.

This update is amazing. After seeing the drone photos of how things are coming together I'm so excited for Epic Universe.
Disney is gonna need to up their game - big time IMO. The Nintendo, How to Train your Dragon and HP areas are going to be kid magnets. I've never been much of a Universal fan (it seems too haphazard with not enough theming) but was really impressed by the other HP areas. Nintendo and HtTyD look like they will be just as good.

Update with Construction photos on 5-15

Does anyone have any updates/thoughts/rumors on Epic Universe for ride cowards? Mostly what I am seeing are thrill rides that seem too intense for me. Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios seem to have a better mix of thrill rides and less intense rides than this park/gate. I'm looking at the latest update and wondering what I am going to do while my travel companion does the thrill rides. Are there going to be shows? (The last time I visited, I enjoyed watching Beat Builders and Blues Brothers while my friend ride the Mummy).

Does anyone have any updates/thoughts/rumors on Epic Universe for ride cowards? Mostly what I am seeing are thrill rides that seem too intense for me. Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios seem to have a better mix of thrill rides and less intense rides than this park/gate. I'm looking at the latest update and wondering what I am going to do while my travel companion does the thrill rides. Are there going to be shows? (The last time I visited, I enjoyed watching Beat Builders and Blues Brothers while my friend ride the Mummy).
Each of these "lands" has a stage/show area so I assume yes. Also the Yoshi ride is a family friendly so that should be tame. The boat ride in How to Train your Dragon will also be family friendly.

Depending on level of thrill I'd say there is actually a lot.
Celestial Park has the carousel and fountain shows
Berk - stage show, boat ride
Nintendo - Mario Kart (AR gives view of some speed and action but overall is a slow moving dark ride), yoshi ride, interactive games
Harry Potter - stage show, interactive wand displays likely. Main ride is rumored as a Spider-Man style dark ride so if you can handle that or Transformers might be able to do it. If a fan of the series the queue line should be pretty much a walkthrough attraction like the Hogwarts and Gringott's queses
Dark Universe is the only land that right now doesn't have a show or thrilling type ride, though main attraction is still a dark ride and not a high speed thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter